Century Villages at Cabrillo (CVC) has a robust internship, volunteer, and student learning program with several different placement opportunities including working with adults and children. If you are interested in learning more about volunteer, service learning, and internship opportunities at CVC email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Contact information
- School and department
- Deadline for internship placement
More About Our Agency
Century Villages at Cabrillo (CVC) is a unique supportive housing community that provides housing on any given night to over 1,300 persons. These include veteran and non-veteran individuals, families, youth and children. More than simply providing shelter, CVC has co-located a range of valuable social services to help residents regain their independence. To this end, CVC has partnered with over twenty established service providers to provide these much needed services which include: case management, life skills training, substance abuse treatment, affordable child care, a homeless education program, an employment center, a career center, a food service program, and a VA medical clinic among others.
CVC currently has internship opportunities working with the Residential Services team whose role it is to develop a strong sense of community among residents, strengthen the on-site collaborations with agencies, and deliver essential supportive services to residents.
Placements are determined by a student’s interests, skills, and career goals. As an intern you could:
- Develop and implement life skill workshops with adult residents
- Develop and implement recreational and educational activities for children enrolled in the summer and afterschool programs
- Coordinate special campus events (e.g., Halloween Festival)
- Learn to track and assess children’s performance across a number of key developmental domains (e.g., conflict negotiation, impulse control, etc.).
- Participate in case management activities (e.g., intake procedures)
- Assist with advisory groups on site (e.g., Youth Advisory Group)
- Conduct background research for the annual Social Impact Report that documents the collective impact of the campus on resident well-being
- Help coordinate and execute the annual resident survey
- Produce the CVC newsletter including writing and editing stories, taking photographs, and deciding on a layout.
- Produce material for the CVC TV station and website
- Manage CVC’s social media
- Serve as a liaison to new community partners
- Investigate available funding opportunities
SERVICE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Service learning opportunities at Century Villages at Cabrillo involve working with a diverse client population and participating in community development activities. Students are able to work with the Oasis services team to plan and host family events, workshops and/or classes, or large-scale community festivals. Service learning students at Century Villages at Cabrillo must demonstrate strong teamwork skills, be able to work independently and show initiative, and demonstrate respect and empathy towards residents.
We also have opportunities for one-time group projects and help with our large community events.
If you don’t see a position that suits your needs email us at Oasis@centuryvillages.org anyway!